When we return to Brittany, apart from getting the electricity connected and getting quotes for the farmhouse roof, one of the things we will be improving is the cottage kitchen. Last time I did lots of cleaning in there and we ate some meals at the table but we weren't able to cook and the decor is pretty dingy to say the least.
Here's a little reminder:
I have some ideas of what I'm going to do to make it more practical and homely including:
- painting the walls white
- removing the cupboards above the sink and putting up open shelving
- painting the remaining cupboards and maybe replacing some of the panels with fabric
- putting a curtain on the sink cupboard
- decoupaging the tiles with pretty fabrics
- making cushions for the kitchen benches (I'm halfway through making these)...here's one....
- buying a fridge and oven!
- installing a water heater (we need electric first!!)
I've also made a colourful patchwork tablecloth for when the decorating is complete:
I have a board on Pinterest called Cottage Kitchen Ideas where I gather inspirational ideas.
Here's a few of the pins that have given me ideas:
Love the hanging utensil rack.....
|Mechant Studio Blog|
Old kitchen utensils.......
Lovely colours......like the apron hooks....
Not quite my style but gorgeous colours.....
Thanks for visiting!