Saturday, 4 April 2015

Baking in the Cottage Kitchen

Day off today!

We had been invited to Gail and Rod's for dinner tonight.  They had kindly offered to pick us up. 

I suggested to Chris that we should have a day off today. He agreed but I knew he would be still doing jobs. Pottering he called it. Fair enough. 

I was going to have a leisurely shower and hair wash, do some knitting and make some flapjacks. 

After my shower I did a bit of cleaning in Harvey J and the cottage but nothing too energetic!

I found Chris pottering with an angle grinder cutting off some dangerous bolts that were sticking up. 


Max had decided it was going to be a day off ....like every day....snoozing....


......and peering out of the window (after exploring the barn of course!)


After lunch I finished the second sleeve of my knitted jumper. 


All parts have been knitted now so the next stage is the neck band and then sewing it altogether. 

Mid afternoon and I made some flapjacks in the cottage kitchen.


 It was so nice to do some baking in here. It made it feel so homely. 


We had a lovely meal at Gail and Rod's. It was a treat to dress up for an evening out!


It's a real treat also to have your company. Thank you for all your lovely comments.

Maggie xx

3 comments:

  1. Glad you had some time off!! Angle grinding sounds like my hubby's idea of time off and relaxing too! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never heard of flapjacks before but they look extremely yum :) is there a chance that you might share your recipe with us?
    XO,
    Uta

    ReplyDelete
  3. No 2 people deserve a break more than the 2 of you! Enjoy and your goodies look delish! The sweater is gorgeous! Are you on Ravelry? I'm saminar...please friend me if you are. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment....I would love to hear from you.....