Tuesday, 14 April 2015

Definitely a Lightbulb Moment!

Gorgeous sunrise again!


We got up early as ERDF could arrive any time from 8am onwards. This was an exciting day for us. 


After breakfast we tried keep busy whilst keeping a listening ear out for a van outside. 


Whilst walking around the house, I noticed the oak tree was casting an interesting shadow right across the middle of the house. 



I opened the farmhouse door and Spencer made my dreams come true again by sitting just outside the door way. 




Chris was repairing the cottage door frame....



ERDF arrived at about 11.30ish. HOORAY!


It didn't take long until they had reset the meter and we had......a lightbulb moment!


Yes electricity at last!

I have never been so keen to vacuum!


What a great day!


I made the bed in the cottage as we would be able to sleep in there tonight. 


The opposite of yesterday, today Max found a shady spot on the gravel to cool off. 


Late afternoon our friend Henri popped by with Nicole, Serge's wife. It was lovely to meet her and I showed her around. They didn't stay long. Henri said he would pop by again tomorrow. 


Thanks for joining me!

Maggie xx

4 comments:

  1. You don't know how much you depend on electricity until you don't have it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One giant step towards making it a home! Hurray!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! So glad your electricity got hooked up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So wonderful!!! I'm so happy for you! And so happy Max is home again. Wow, electricity! What now?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment....I would love to hear from you.....