Tuesday, 31 March 2015

Second Coat Finished

After an extremely windy night, we emerged to thankfully find everything intact.

We had planned to go shopping today but decided to wait until tomorrow when hopefully the strong winds would have died down. 

My mission today was to finish the second coat of paint on the kitchen ceiling. Here the stepladder is all set up with Chris working on the path outside. 


I had done a fair bit when we stopped for lunch. 


Chris had been clearing more of the grass and mud from the pathway. 


And had put some gravel down by the gate. 


In the afternoon the strong winds had disappeared and there were glimpses of blue sky. 


I'm pleased to say I finished the ceiling. 


I wore a hat all day today as yesterday I got lots of paint in my hair!

We had a relaxing evening, the usual knitting and Chris playing his guitar. 


Thanks for popping by!

Maggie xx

3 comments:

  1. I'm reading every post; I love to follow your progress! I do hope you get electricity during this stay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blog. I often wondered what it would be like to stay in one of those old French farmhouses. Thanks so much for sharing your adventures! It makes me miss France though :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! The second coat really made a difference too! Great idea to wear a hat....duh! I'm going to do that next time....maybe a shower cap! You both are such hard workers but if you're like me...you love doing it because of what it's going to look like later. Plus, you're going to be a fantastic knitter and Chris will be a top notch guitar player. Isn't it amazing what we do when there's no t.v. to watch. I only watch in the evening and now pretty much only on weekends.
    P.S. I didn't mean you weren't already an excellent knitter and Chris is probably already a top notch guitar player but practice does make perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment....I would love to hear from you.....