Sunday, 22 March 2015

The Front Garden is In View

I had a shower and washed my hair after breakfast and decided to stay in the warm until my hair was dry. I made some parmesan and sun dried tomato bread rolls from a Wrights bread mix. 



Some of the tops were a little well done from being too high up in the oven...


...but they were very nice to eat with sausage and cheese for lunch. 

After lunch I had decided that I was going to do some laundry. Henry's veggies in the cottage looked delicious....

....and I thought I'd do some bacon and egg for tea with fried potatoes and onions. Yeah sounds healthy! 

Before I started the laundry I had a text from my friend Gail saying that Pierre had been to the Mairie and had spoken to the deputy maire about our electricity situation. The deputy maire had promised he would ring ERDF in the morning. I was thrilled and thanked them. 

I then went out to see the strimming Chris had done the morning. 

Max had found a warm place on a plank of wood. 


Spencer was helping as usual. 


The last two photos are for you Pom Pom!

As well as all the strimming, Chris had also collected loads of wood for our woodpile. 



What a difference the strimming had made. 



It had really opened out the front of the garden. 


 
Still lots to do but so much better already. 



Chris also put a washing line up where it was windy and sunny. 



I fetched the washing and hung it out. 



Then made us a hot chocolate to drink with a choccy flapjack. 



I spent the next hour or so washing the next section of cottage ceiling then made our tea on the hob in the cottage. 


We ate tea at the table in there. 


Nice beer!


Thanks for joining me on our adventure!

Maggie xx

5 comments:

  1. Thank you for the photos of the cutie pies! Max looks warm but you and Chris look cold! I'm glad you are consuming yummy meals and hot cocoa! That's so much strimming. I love the washing line. Happy Easter, Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. É Páscoa! Cristo está vivo, o túmulo está vazio, Ele ressuscitou!!! A mais bela festa dos Cristãos.
    Crentes no Amor de Deus Pai que nos deu seu Filho Jesus Cristo que permanece conosco pela força do
    Espírito Santos, seguimos nossa caminhada na construção de um mundo mais justo, fraterno, humano,
    harmonioso e de doação.
    Todos somos promotores da Paz!
    Feliz, Santa e Abençoada Páscoa.
    Um doce abraço, Marie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How industrious you are! I think I've done well if I've tidied my study! Those rolls look yummy, as do the chocolate flapjacks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the arrival of your electricity. I lived for a long time in Rhodesia without electricity and you sort of get used to it but I did get fed up with candlelight in the evenings! Those flapjacks look very yummy. Have a good weekend Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's coming along bit by bit! Where are you washing your clothes? What a great dinner with al those fresh veggies and yes, the beer does look good!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment....I would love to hear from you.....