Wednesday, 24 June 2015

We're Back Again!

Wednesday 24th June

Oh it's so lovely to arrive here again! And we have the most beautiful weather!



I know I've said it before but I always forget how quiet it is here. Hardly any sounds apart from the birds chirping, the buzz of insects, the leaves rustling in the gentle breeze, the murmur of a distant tractor.....sounds idyllic? Well it is! That's what I can't believe and I have to keep pinching myself to make sure I'm really here and it's not a blissful daydream! 

There is sometimes some traffic noise. We do have the odd vehicle go past. In fact there are certain times of day when we may get more than one car/tractor in 5 minutes.....usually lunchtimes and home times!

Oh my goodness how high the grass has grown in the last 2 months!


It's waist high in some places. 



There's going to be a lot of strimming happening in the next week or so!



You can hardly see the old well house. 


And the path where I used to walk Spencer is now impenetrable!


We've unpacked quite a lot of stuff from Harvey J today after arriving here at 10 am. In between naps of course!


The sofa bed and fridge are in situ (photos to follow soon) and our old wooden table and chairs are already being put to good use. 


Spencer.....


...and Max have settled back in already!


Thanks for joining me again on our adventures....so lovely to have you here!

Maggie xx


8 comments:

  1. Do not overdo it in this hot weather. I know what the grass is like after a bit of time away. I remember in the early days arriving from the UK and the grass was almost over my head in places. The strimmer was the only answer, then clearing away the cut grass, before going in with (then) our hand mower. Thanks goodness for the sit on but even that would not cope with very long grass. Take care and enjoy. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I've been wondering! I'm glad the weather is nice. Bread, cheese, wine. REST a bit in addition to your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And so lovely to have you back in France and blogging here again!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy that you are back and I that can read what will be next in your adventure in France.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My goodness, that grass has gone crazy hasn't it!! I am sure that you will soon have it all set to rights though. Hope you have a wonderful time! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an incredible job on your hands; it'll be the best, worst, greatest decision you've ever made. Dave and I did similar, only in Appalachian Mountains, and it's been wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're already back! Time flies and grass grows. Love the table and chairs! Good luck with all the trimming, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe I missed this AGAIN! I thought I had you listed to show up on my blog. I'll fix that but so exciting to catch up with you and especially as I feel I am doing the same things sort of to get ready to move and/or just clean up my place! LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment....I would love to hear from you.....