Wednesday, 29 July 2015

Beautiful Back Roof

Chris entered the farmhouse this morning and found some fledglings clinging to the inside window frames.


We think they could be swallows or housemartins. 


Chris opened the front door so they could get outside. 


We could hear their parents calling them so we kept out of the way. 


They had soon found their way out and were flying about happily. 

He wasn't impressed but we kept Max inside well away from these tiny birds. 


The roofers were here bright and early as always. 


They finished some work on the chimneys at the back. 



They then took the scaffolding down ready to assemble at the front. 



The back roof now looks so beautiful....it's a work of art in my opinion. 




It was a lovely sunny day. We had a relaxing lunch outside then I took the opportunity to chill on my hammock. 




Chris strimmed an area of stinging nettles at the side of the driveway to make a shady spot to sit under the trees. 


Later in the afternoon I did some sewing and made a cushion cover from the songbird fabric I had used to make the kitchen bench cushions. 



Time for a cup of tea!


The scaffolding had now been partly assembled at the front. 


About 6ish, our friendly neighbour Serge stopped by in his tractor. He admired the roof and we had a nice conversation in French. I understood that he had a sick cow, he was busy with the wheat harvest and his family were all well. I was thrilled when he invited us to 'chez moi' which I understood from other things he said to be where he milks his cows rather than his home.  I'm very excited about this as I love cows!

We had an omelette for dinner washed down with some Breton cider....delicious!



A long post this one....thanks for sticking with it!

Maggie xx

5 comments:

  1. The roof looks fantastic! You must be so pleased with it I am sure! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad Chris found the fledglings in time to let them out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw! The bird fabric is lovely!
    The roof does look gorgeous! I am so glad the weather is cooperating.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, impressive roof! Looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your roof IS a work of art! What great professionals you hired. I love the songbird fabric and your pillow. I didn't remember your cushions. Your dinner al fresco looks so inviting. Is that Spencer with a Winnie the Pooh doll? What a hoot he is and still handsome as ever!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment....I would love to hear from you.....