Friday, 26 June 2015

Birds Nest in the Gorse

Friday 26th June 2015

Another sorting day for me and more strimming for Chris. 


We dismantled and carried down the two old bed bases from the upstairs of the cottage. One of them had hay/straw as a filling....I don't know how old that makes it!

Chris dug out a gorse bush that was growing into the driveway in readiness for the roofers' lorries that will be here next week. 


I chopped the bush up into the wheelbarrow.



Within the gorse, I found a beautiful birds nest made of moss. 



There was no sign of any eggs. I'm hoping it was an old nest no longer in use and we didn't disturb the birds. 



Great to have your company!

Maggie xx

3 comments:

  1. Beautifully made nest. I found two blackbird nests while cutting our hedge back. Also hope that I have not disturbed them as there were eggs in them Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. The moss entrance looks so soft.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need a "strimmer" around here and what a lovely nest you found! Are you going to keep it? They sell fake ones here in the U.S. for decorating.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment....I would love to hear from you.....