Sunday, 9 August 2015

Down to the Dechetterie

Friday 24th July 

No early alarm this morning as no roofers arriving today! I know I said I'd miss them but I won't miss the early morning routine!

We had a lazy slow morning, planning to go to lunch at the local creperie. We were just emerging at about 10.30am when we heard a car pull up outside. I was still in my dressing gown! Gail and Rod were knocking at the door. Chris went to the door and was about to let them in when I said we weren't quite up yet. Luckily they said they were just going shopping and would pop back after. I quickly showered and we had breakfast. Gail and Rod popped back and we all had a nice chat over coffee. Gail had kindly brought us some homemade blackcurrant jam and some tomatoes from her greenhouse. 


Gail and Rod left about 12ish and no sooner had their car pulled away than Henri arrived with a lovely box of veggies. 



We showed him the new roof and chatted about this and that. Chris mentioned that he needed to go to the dechetterie and asked Henri if he would be able to go with him sometime to show him the ropes. Henri immediately suggested later on today. I guess our creperie lunch would wait for another day! There was so much rubbish stacked up in the barn. Most of it was the previous owner's and it would be great to see the back of it. 

So after lunch Henri arrived in his van and   he and Chris did two runs to the dechetterie and disposed of the bulk of the rubbish including an old fridge freezer, loads of old metal , plastic and insulation. 

I spent the afternoon with Spencer and Max.



It was a rainy day so I put my scrappy quilt blocks onto my design wall ready for sewing together. 


Thanks for popping by!

Maggie xx


4 comments:

  1. Your scrappy quilt is so pretty!!! Scrap quilts are the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you were able to enjoy a leisurely morning. Lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cozy day to do some quilting. I love it! I'll have to look up that pattern. From what I can tell you have to use some dark 1/2 square triangles placed in a way that they form stars when you put the blocks together? I'll find directions though as I know it would be easy for me to mess it up. I love stars though so what a perfect scrappy quilt for me.
    I've been getting rid of "stuff" too...all sorts and got rid of a bunch of old paperwork and we burned brush outside, etc. What a great feeling to "clean up and clear out"!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment....I would love to hear from you.....