Thursday, 6 August 2015

Last Part of the Roof is Underway

Monday 20th July 

It was a wet and drizzly morning....


....but it didn't deter our roofers. They were here early as ever completing work on the farmhouse roof including sealing the chimneys. 


I attempted to clean some of the sawdust and other dust from inside the cottage that had resulted from the electric work. 

In the afternoon I found it hard to settle but I did a bit of sewing. 


The roofers took the scaffolding down from the front of the farmhouse....


.....and constructed it by the cottage roof just outside our living/bedroom door. 


They made a start on removing the tin roof from the cottage. This is the last part of the roof to do!


Chris rigged up a light in the workshop. This will make it so much better for him. In fact I probably won't see much of him now!


Thanks for popping by!

Maggie xx

3 comments:

  1. Oh, how I wish I lived nearby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Would love to see it all!!!

    Have fun!!!

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh a beautiful roof almost done and sky lights and electricity???? You guys are going to be spoiled! It's so fun to watch all of your progress on making your farmhouse a home. Thank you, again for sharing it with us!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment....I would love to hear from you.....