Monday, 31 August 2015

What's that noise?!

Tuesday 18th August 

Grocery shopping was a must this morning as we had nearly ran out of food! We were just about to pop out to the supermarket when Henri arrived with a big box of fresh veggies. 


This meant I could cross a few items off my grocery list!


In the afternoon I washed and prepared the vegetables.

After spending the rest of the day pottering, we went to bed about 11pm. We were just dozing off when we heard the sound of machinery. 

Chris looked out of the window and there was a combine harvester cutting the wheat in the next door field. I was pretty excited about this and stayed up to watch for a while. 





I then went back to bed and dozed off. 

Thanks for popping by!

Maggie xx

3 comments:

  1. How great to have a big box of veggies delivered like that! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Farmer's usually hire that done and there are only so many combines so they are running against Mother Nature's clock. When I had my little farm they would run those machines all night long. After we got over the noise of that then the corn driers would kick in but you get used to it and usually the windows were closed at night by the time the corn driers came on. LOL! Your neighbor is the best!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment....I would love to hear from you.....