Saturday, 26 September 2015

Lots of Rain and a New Walk

Sunday 23rd August

Very much a sunshine and showers day.


Chris was working on Harvey J’s step in the workshop whilst I was removing some old roofing materials that were buried in the earth at the front of the farmhouse.


Monday 24th August

We had torrential rain and strong winds most of the day.

The winds blew the acorns from the oak tree.


The horrible weather meant I could do some baking indoors!

I made a loaf and some Florentine slices.



In the afternoon I made some lasagnes.

Chris was under the hangar working on repairing the step in Harvey J.

Tuesday 25th August

Another very wet day.

Chris was still working on Harvey J’s step and also on the lock on the workshop door.

After lunch we decided to go for a walk to blow the cobwebs away. 



We took a different route down a quiet road that led to a small village. The road ended at the other side of the village but there was track which we walked down. There were wonderful views of the countryside. 


We were pleased we had discovered this walk. 


It took about an hour there and back which is about right for us...... 


........and the rain kept away the whole time we were out.


When we got back I caught up with a bit of ironing.

We have been watching some good films in the evening including 127 hours which we didn’t like the look of but turned out to be a very watchable film. We have also been working our way through the entire boxed set of Monty Python.

Thanks for popping by!

Maggie xx



4 comments:

  1. Looks like a scenic and peaceful walk -- good route. Spencer looks like he likes it too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peaceful, quiet times - things to savour & enjoy. Are you actually back in the UK now, or still in France?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must be missing all of this now you are back in the UK. When are you coming back ? Have a good week Diane

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how you have so many places to walk. We have just the roads which are hard on my joints after awhile. Thank goodness I have those gel pads in my shoes! lol! I'm glad I'm not the only one that does ironing. I love a good storm as long as no one gets hurt or there isn't any property damage. Great day for baking! You are so right!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment....I would love to hear from you.....