Monday, 26 October 2015

Cheddar and Chutney

Friday 28th August

A lovely sunny warm day today with blue skies.


We got up in a leisurely manner. I did two loads of washing and a coat of paint to the kitchen shelf.


At midday I searched for our snake again. I carefully walked up the grassy path where I had found him before. I suddenly heard a rustle in the grass and saw him slither off into the undergrowth. I told Chris and a bit later he went back to see if he could see it. He found it sunbathing on top of the undergrowth....very well camouflaged!


For lunch we tried my blackberry chutney with some cheddar cheese in some sandwiches. It was very nice with a bit of a kick from the chilli.


Chris was busy in the afternoon waterproofing the well cover with roofing felt.......


......and replacing some wood panelling in the living room.


I dug some bramble roots from along the front of the farmhouse.





Thanks for popping by and for sticking with me!

Maggie xx

2 comments:

  1. Nice pics of the Adder. Nicer your happy to leave it there too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is it a poisonous snake? I leave them be if they're not poisonous but otherwise they must leave as I don't want myself or my girls bit.
    Oh, I see how you used the chutney and I do something similar for a quick bite sometimes only it's saltine crackers with a slice of cheddar and some jam (usually raspberry) on top....yum!
    You are both doing such great work and you motivate me to get going too!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment....I would love to hear from you.....