Friday, 9 October 2015

Delicious Lunch Out and Blackberry Chutney

Thursday 27th August

Raining again today!

We drove to Gourin, stopping at the vets to make an appointment next week for Spencer’s wormer. Oh no! Nearly time to go back to England!

We went grocery shopping and then parked in the centre of town. There was a restaurant that had been recommended to us....La Table Morvan. We checked out the lunch menu, stepped inside and were immediately shown to our table. The atmosphere was very cosy with low lighting, wood panelling and a jazz theme...various brass instruments hanging on the walls....and jazz music softly playing in the background. We ordered our three course lunch which included local beef from a farm near our little town....the beef was melt in the mouth. The food was excellent and very reasonably priced helped along by the current good exchange rate. We will be back here again!


After lunch we paid a visit to our friend Henri. He showed us around his various sheds and his old milking parlour, pointing out and showing us various tools and pieces of equipment no longer in use including an old butter making machine. We then went in his house to say hello to his wife Yvette. We stayed for a drink of cola and a biscuit. I spoke French but I didn’t feel very confident today. Yvette is a lovely lady and today she seemed to be speaking very fast. I’d work out a word and she’d have already moved onto the next subject! 

All part of the French learning curve!


We left with a big bag of new potatoes. We had a snack tea as we’d had a big meal at lunchtime. Chris and I then picked some blackberries and I made some blackberry chutney. It contained blackberries, onion, red chilli, ginger, sugar and red wine vinegar.




I know I wrote the wrong date!


It's been lovely to have your company!

Maggie xx

2 comments:

  1. We still have a few quinces and some medlars left, but I am sick of the kitchen and bottling, the shelves here are full and I need to give some away, we can only eat so much! We made coulis out of the blackberries we picked as I need to make sure all the pips are out, my digestive system does not like pips! Have a good weekend Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know there was such a thing as blackberry chutney? where have I been? It looks delicious. What do you serve it on or with? the restaurant looks so inviting and I love the milk crates and bottles on the outside wall. Was it an old dairy before?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment....I would love to hear from you.....