Monday, 18 April 2016

Sewing a Patchwork Pouffe

Sunday 10th April 2016

I felt in the mood to do some sewing today and it was Sunday after all. To me Sunday is a day where you should down tools and do something more leisurely. It doesn't always work out that way but today sewing was in my mind and I love sewing!

Back home in England, I had cut out all the fabrics to make a patchwork pouffe/footstool (the pattern calls it an ottoman). The fabrics were all scraps mostly given to me by my dear Mum. She's a very clever crafty lady and sews and knits a whole host a different things including aprons, bags, glasses cases, dog beds, tea cosies, jumpers, baby clothes.... You name it and she will put her hand to it. 

When she has finished her sewing projects, she always gives any scrap fabric to me as she knows I like making things from scraps.

So I had already prepared the fabrics for the pouffe and just had to sew them together following the pattern. 

I started by sewing the fabrics for the top together a bit like a friendship ring block....


 
...with a circle of fabric in the centre. I love this fabric with the fox, owl and toadstools!


I then sewed the side strips together....


....and attached them to the top. 



Then finally I sewed the base including a zip and attached it to the sides. 


I loved spending the day sewing it altogether. By tea time it was finished apart from the stuffing.


I know I have loads of stuffing materials back in England so I will probably take it back with me and stuff it there. Unless I see some reasonably priced stuffing over here of course. 


I'm pretty pleased with the way it turned out so far and can't wait to see it finished! Then I can really put my feet up!

Thanks for visiting!

Maggie xx

1 comment:

  1. How cute is that? I always love your sewing projects because my favorites are scraps too. You had a lovely variety of them too!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment....I would love to hear from you.....