Monday, 2 May 2016

Car Boot Sale Success

Sunday 1st May 2016

There were a couple of local car boot sales on today. We decided to go to the one in Guiscriff first. It had a reasonable amount of stalls and we bought a fantastic ride on tractor and trailer for Charlie when he comes to stay in the summer. 


I also bought eleven of these beautiful blue and white plates. 


We then drove to the second car boot sale in Gourin. 

I bought this lovely old garden sieve. It's finer than my other one so I can remove more stones!


I also found this beautiful Czech art glass vase. 


But my favourite purchase was this piece of carved oak complete with carved stag's head. We think it's from the top of a Breton armoire or similar piece of furniture. It's going to look magnificent against an old stone wall. 




You can tell I'm pleased can't you?!


Lovely to have your company!

Maggie xx

3 comments:

  1. Such great finds, but I'm partial to the carved stag's head, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You guys scored big time! At first I thought the tractor and trailer were for Chris! LOL! I didn't realize it was tot size. Your little guy will be thrilled with that! The dishes are awesome and the stag's head will look beautiful on your stone walls. There are no treasures around here like those. I could use one of those sifters as we are very "rocky" here but actually they are big rocks here....boulder size! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow that carving is fabulous. Every time we go to a car boot sale there seems to be just junk!!! I am jealous though of the sieve, we had one, but some where with all the numerous moves we have made it has gone AWOL !!! I could really use it not only for stones but weeds as well. Enjoy Diane

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment....I would love to hear from you.....