Wednesday, 4 May 2016

The Return of Mr Toad

Monday 2nd May 2016

Chris opened the farmhouse door this morning to find Mr Toad again. 


I know that toads are considered ugly but I think he's rather beautiful. 


It was a warm day for the time of year. 


Chris spent the morning fixing batons to the rafters for the next stage of the multi- couche insulation. 



I worked on the next part of my border, sieving out the stones. 



Spencer was fascinated by something in the pond. 


In the afternoon, we cut and fixed more of the multi- couche insulation. 




Our neighbouring farmer, Georges, was ploughing the field. 



Remember those strange things we found in the old flue?


Well Chris dissected one of them...


....and it turns out they were owl pellets. 


Full of tiny bones and fur. 


A tiny mouse skull.....


Fascinating....



I dug some rich soil from the far side of the pond.....


....and added it to my flower border. 


I then sowed Zinnia seeds. 



Thanks for popping by!

Maggie xx

1 comment:

Please leave a comment....I would love to hear from you.....