Sunday, 17 July 2016

Back for the Summer

Friday 15th July 2016


Oh wow how lovely it is to be back!


The Monarda flowers are beautiful. The plants are well over a metre high. I didn't realise until I looked it up but these are also called Beebalm. 


The grass has also grown!


Surprisingly there is still plenty of water in the pond. It's a wildlife haven!



Some things don't change....home from home for Max and Spencer.....


Gorgeous weather with beautiful blue skies.....


Lots of blackberries to look forward to.....


Lots of thistles!


I can't believe how much everything has grown in two months!


Where are the goats?!


The little fruit garden is in there somewhere!


The maize is getting very tall in the surrounding fields. 




It's a beautiful wild habitat!






Lovely to see you again!

Thanks for visiting!

Maggie xx

6 comments:

  1. Your Monarda is gorgeous! Welcome back to your beautiful country home. I know you and the goats will have it looking trimmed and tidy soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! It sounds like you'll stay awhile! I bet the pets are delighted to be back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy that you are back and the story of your house continues.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Isn't it amazing how fast the vegetation grows back into a mini jungle. I'm sure you are loking forward to the day you can be there full time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful Maggie!!! What a delight to come back to this!! The Magic Cottage!

    keep well

    Amanda xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back! Your yard looks like mine! LOL! I don't have a weed whacker and although I mow there are sections that get "out of control". I have my family coming down in a few weeks so they'll help me get it back in shape. Each year it gets a little better and this Fall I'll have time to work on it when it's a bit cooler. Your Bee Balm is so pretty against the stone and I feel like I'm not the only one "working" when I see you both on your little farm. So excited! It's very hot here right now so I only go out mornings and evenings to water and work. It's like 100 F or more. I can't wait to see what you guys are up to this time!
    BTW, I left you a note on Ravelry as I received my lovely fabrics from you! Thank you so much! I will go on Etsy and give you a great review too! Have you done any sewing or yarn work? I want to make some foccacia like you make also. I'm cleaning the guest room and organizing my yarns as that's where I keep them but company is coming so I need to "clean up my act". I hope you have a productive but also relaxing time while you are there! Hugs...Sam

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment....I would love to hear from you.....