Wednesday, 17 August 2016

Blackberry Clafoutis Recipe

I've been trying a few new recipes and I thought I'd share them with you!

This time I'm sharing a recipe for the traditional French dessert Clafoutis. My lovely follower Kiwi requested this recipe. Thank you Kiwi.

I've made Clafoutis before but the recipe I'm sharing today is easy and quick to make. It's based on the delicious Blueberry Clafoutis recipe by Anecdotes and Apple Cores which may be found by clicking here. 

I made this when my sister-in-law and her family came to stay a couple of weeks ago. As we have a plentiful supply of blackberries here, we picked them in the afternoon and then were eating the Clafoutis in the evening. Delicious! There were seven of us altogether and we ate what I would call a modest portion each.

Blackberry Clafoutis - serves 6-8



Ingredients

  • 300g Blackberries or enough to cover the bottom of the dish
  • 3 Large Eggs
  • 180ml Milk
  • ¼ tsp Salt
  • 30g Butter, melted and cooled
  • 1 tsp Vanilla Essence
  • ¼ tsp Almond Essence (optional)
  • 100g Granulated Sugar
  • 100g Plain Flour
Method


  • Pre-heat the over to 170 degrees C (Fan Oven).
  • Butter a 9" dish that is at least 1.5" deep.
  • Wash berries thoroughly and place in the buttered dish.
  • Whisk together the eggs, milk, salt, butter, vanilla, almond and sugar.
  • Whisk in flour until most of lumps have gone.
  • Pour this batter over the fruit.
  • Bake for 45 minutes until cake tester comes out clean.
  • Serve warm or at room temperature with a scoop of cream, ice cream or creme fraiche.
Très delicieux!

Thanks for popping by!

Maggie xx




2 comments:

  1. That looks very yummy Maggie, I think I'll have to try the recipe soon, thanks for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, thank you so much, Maggie! I think I will look for some almond essence too, as that may just be the special touch. Lucky you to be able to pick your berries fresh and use them that same day. I'm sure my husband will like this, as it is not too fussy.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment....I would love to hear from you.....