Friday, 27 January 2017

Bedroom Floor and Living Room Painting


It's not been quite so cold this week but we've had lots of rain.


This week we have moved back into the small (unrenovated) bedroom whilst Chris replaces some of the chipboard floor panels in the other bedroom.


Chris decided that it was best to replace them to improve the floor before we lay the laminate flooring.


So this is what Chris has been working on this week.






We made a second trip to our local builders' merchants to buy the new chipboard panels. They were all very friendly this time, recognising us and shaking our hands.



Whilst Chris has been working on the floor, I've been painting. Here's some before and afters.....

I painted the last quarter of the living room ceiling.



I started painting the walls of the living room.....




And I gave the hallway ceiling a coat of white satinwood to brighten it up......




Oh and I have a new kitchen shelf!


Thanks for popping by!

Maggie xx

5 comments:

  1. As usual, it looks like you have been very busy and continuing to make progress on your renovation. I always notice in your pictures that the sky is so blue and looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Maggie, Just wanted to thank you for commenting on my blog. You are the first person I have 'talked' to that has had something similar. Mine is a little different than yours-Squamous cell carcinoma-but it was reassuring to read that yours didn't come back. My doctor said my chances of recurrence in the same spot or somewhere else have increased 30%. Enough of that! I tried to send you an email but nothing happens when I click on email on your profile page. The weather outside here looks just like my header picture. It is cold, -18C and is supposed to snow until Tuesday! Yuck! I'll have to keep checking on your blog for shots of blue sky, lol. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maggie, Happy New Year :)
    You are making lovely progress on the house.
    Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The white ceiling makes a world of difference. Looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks wonderful! You are truly a whiz when it comes to painting and more than one coat too! What progress. Is there a reason you don't want to use the existing hardwood floor that I see Chris covering up?

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment....I would love to hear from you.....